Seasonal Allergy Survival Guide
Spring is in the air…
The seasons are changing—and bringing with them allergy-causing pollen. April is a beautiful month when spring comes to life, and everything is in bloom. However, with this comes pollination and allergens seem to be everywhere you look! Many of our customers have been dealing with symptoms heavily these past few weeks. One of the major suspects of irritation is tree pollen, they are often a big problem for people with seasonal allergies.
Seasonal allergies, like other types of allergies, develop when the body’s immune system overreacts to something in the environment, usually during spring, summer, or fall when certain plants pollinate. If you sneeze and cough during certain times of the year, you may have seasonal allergies. However, these occasional allergies aren’t something you just have to live with.
Here are a few natural ways that you can mitigate the effects of pollens and other allergens.
- Pay attention to weather reports that include pollen counts in local newspapers, radio, and television during allergy season and stay inside as much as you can when they are high.
- Keep windows and doors shut at home and in your car to keep allergens out.
- To avoid pollen, know which pollens you are sensitive to and understand that pollen counts tend to be higher in the morning or evening.
- After being outside working or playing, take a shower, wash your hair, and change your clothes to remove pollens you might have picked up.
- Upgrade your indoor air cleaning system, pick up a portable air filtration system, and at the very least change your indoor home air filters regularly.
Seasonal Allergy and Respiratory Support Products We Recommend
Local Honey is great way to help your body respond properly to seasonal allergies by increasing resistance to local pollens. We love our local honey from Bear River! Their bee boxes are just over the highway from us and therefore it is full of all the local pollens as the bees fly around our neighborhoods. It is raw and unpasteurized to keep all the healthy benefits of honey! It is important to never put your honey into scalding hot water or tea as this will diminish all the wellness properties of the honey, just turning it into expensive sugar.
Breathe- X from Life Seasons is a fantastic sinus and allergy supplement that helps support the common issues found with your sinuses and respiratory tract like congestion, pressure, and itchy/watery eyes. It works to provide you with sinus support and soothe your nasal passages. Ingredients such as Quercetin, Bromelain, Citrus Bioflavonoids, and Vitamin C help to support immune function, quiet the histamine response, and manage healthy tissues in the respiratory tract while providing antioxidants to assist in detoxification.
Children’s Allergy Relief by NatraBio is our go to for the kiddos. It provides more of an immediate relief for itchy watery eyes, nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, insect bites, and skin rashes. It’s an all-in-one that has an alcohol-free formula. It can be quite difficult to get your children to take their vitamins, but I have never had a problem with my kids taking this one…I even keep it in my purse to use personally for food sensitivities that produce hives or itchy skin.
SambuActin Lozenges by Solaray are a total lifesaver for me. Did you know that black elderberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins (polyphenols, anthocyanins, rutin, and quercetin) that may boost your immune system? These nutrients are known to help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart. They also help with common flu symptoms such as respiratory congestion, constipation, headaches, fever, and upset stomach. These lozenges not only taste great but do great things for your body as well.
If we’re talking about doing great things for yourself, who doesn’t love a deal? I know I sure do, that’s why we have several social promotion bundles that help you feel better and save money too!
Sometimes the best way to know if a product works for you is to give it a thorough test run, that’s why we have set up these bundles of some of our favorite products and want you to give them a try! These bundles will sell out quickly so get your hands on them while you can!
Our Super Immunity Gummy Promo Bundle is an easy and affordable way to test several of our best-selling immunity products. Let’s talk about what you’ll get and why you’ll want it.
- Magnesium is one of the best supplements you can take, this reduces inflammation markers in the body, boosts immune function, helps with migraines, and can even help to lower your blood sugar.
- Elderberries help to reduce swelling, fight inflammation, and boost the immune system. Elderberry also eases flu symptoms like fever, headache, sore throat, fatigue, cough, and body aches.
- Zinc helps your immune system and metabolism function, wound healing, and your sense of taste and smell.
- Vitamin C helps with the formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, proper histamine response, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
Normally you would pay $54.97 for all three of the supplements separately and you get them today bundled for only $35.00!
Most of all, avoid or minimize exposure to allergens!
For many people, avoiding allergens and taking over-the-counter medications is enough to ease symptoms. It may sound obvious, but avoiding the allergens is the No.1 measure suggested by allergy experts.
If you are suffering from seasonal allergies, and would like a little extra help, come on by, we would love to try and help!
p.s. Just in case you are looking for a specific allergy solution, or any other wellness need, reach out to us here at 916-253-9276 and we would be happy to help you find exactly what you are looking for.
We are deeply committed to sharing our knowledge of health and therefore have carefully chosen the products we offer in our store. You’ll find only the highest quality brands and a large selection to choose from so you’re sure to find exactly what you need.
If you can’t make it into the store, we’re always happy to deliver it to you because your health and happiness are our #1 priority!
We would love to get to know you better!
Drop a comment below and let us know more about you!